Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Taffy Blessings...

"Do you want to meet taffy or is it a bad idea?" 15:02 Aug 8



These words make me smile, tear up, feel moved in so many ways. This was the text message Jacob sent me after finishing up an appointment.



I was not sure how serious he was when he pointed out taffy the little terrier on a craigslist ad. For the past year or so Jacob has been sending me lists of dogs at the humane society, on craigslist, or other pet sites. I honestly did not know if he was serious.



I could not picture that we had room, time or even enough energy to add another little one to our brood. Being the pet lover's we both are I wanted to ensure that we could provide the ultimate amount of love.



Well after many pictures I replied to Jacob "No. Sounds cool" to which he replied "LOL. Oh boy." After meeting her we knew in our heart that there would be no way we would be leaving without her sweet demeanor and her sweet brown eyes. She probably used a spell on us (that is right too much true blood).



The right home was dreaming as we started to talk about the ways to get her fixed and acclimated to our home. Upon getting to Petsmart to get a new leash and harness BOOM!!!! It all changed.



Long story short we ended up chasing our new child through a parking lot and through heavy traffic that ended up with her being hit by two cars. After a week of back and forth vets we found that she has a fracture in her hip. We are now having her heal as best as we can to hopefully avoid surgery.



The one thing that I can truly say is that I am so very much in love with our new "child". I have seen the most amazing side of my partner through this too. I used to think that I was with a man to liked animals and had a deep heart for them. But his compassion for this little girl has made me fall even deeper in love with him. He has a heart of gold that is just so open.



I feel so lucky to add this little angel to our life. She fits in with our family very will and shows me that I was wrong. I think we needed to have her in our life. The outpouring from family and friends on behalf of a cute little Maltese Terrier, some have not even met yet, is just too much to fathom. The prayers and good energy sent to our family have been being answered and we feel them all.



I am so moved by our new little one and I truly feel blessed to have the family I have always dreamt about.

2 comments:

  1. Our daughters is what they are. Being the proud parent of a now 11 1/2 year of border collie Australian Shepard mix 75 lbs hair shedding little girl.

    They steal your heart and give it back a million times over. I know the feelings you two feel for your little one. Trust she heals well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment... She is healing well and up and moving so much

    ReplyDelete