Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2013 Bday Song

11 years ago I started a new tradition of picking a "SONG OF THE YEAR" for my birthday. The song is a vision of where i have been and a glimpse into where i am heading ... the past years have been: *Precious Illusions - Alanis Morissette (2002) *Good Enough - Darren Hayes (2003) *Kinda Hard - Eric Himan (2004) *Farewell to The Old Me - Dar Williams (2005) *Whole- Casey Stratton (2006) *Phoenix Rising - Dan Paul (2007) *Lessons Learned - Carrie Underwood(2008) *32 Flavors - Ani DiFranco (2009) *Coming Around - Christopher Dallman (2010) *Let The Rain - Sara Bareilles (2011) *Stronger - Kelly Clarkson (2012) This year I have worked on my own personal journey to step into the light and into a place of healing and to find the light I have let be dimmed for way too long... On a recent trip I was listening to the new Tegan & Sara album "HEARTTHROB" and this song was def the feeling I have had all manifested into a 3 min and 51 second song... so this years song is *I'm Not Your Hero - Tegan & Sara (2013) "I'm Not Your Hero" Standing where I am now, standing up at all I was used to feeling like I was never gonna see myself at the finish line Hanging on to parts of me, hanging on at all I was used to seeing no future in my sight line Sometimes it feels like they wanna remind me Send all those villains after me I'm not their hero But that doesn't mean that I wasn't brave I never walked the party line Doesn't mean that I was never afraid I'm not your hero But that doesn't mean w e're not one and the same Feeling like I am now lighting up the hall I was used to standing in the shadow of a damaged heart Learning all I know now, losing all I did I never used to feel like I'd be standing so far ahead Sometimes it feels what I recovered you lost Sending your peaceful loss to me I'm not their hero But that doesn't mean that I wasn't brave I never walked the party line Doesn't mean that I was never afraid I'm not your hero But that doesn't mean we're not one and the same Sometimes it feels like the side that I'm on Plays the toughest hand, holds the longest stand Sometimes it feels like I'm all that they've got It's so hard to know I'm not what they want I'm not their hero But that doesn't mean that I wasn't brave I never walked the party line Doesn't mean that I was never afraid I'm not your hero But that doesn't mean we're not one and the same I do my best to walk the finest line Till I've had all that I can take

1 comment: