Friday, March 20, 2015

D is for Date of Birth

Lucky # 13: 13 years ago I started a new tradition of picking a "SONG OF THE YEAR" for my birthday. The song is a vision of where I have been and a glimpse into where I am heading ... the past years have been: Precious Illusions - Alanis Morissette (2002) Good Enough - Darren Hayes (2003) Kinda Hard - Eric Himan (2004) Farewell to The Old Me - Dar Williams (2005) Whole- Casey Stratton (2006) Phoenix Rising - Dan Paul (2007) Lessons Learned - Carrie Underwood (2008) 32 Flavors - Ani DiFranco (2009) Coming Around - Christopher Dallman (2010) Let The Rain - Sara Bareilles (2011) Stronger - Kelly Clarkson (2012) I'm Not Your Hero - Tegan & Sara (2013) Fall Asleep – Jars Of Clay (2014) This year I chose a song that speaks to the person I have become. I DO have thick skin and an elastic heart. I bend and stretch and continue to grow. I have spent the last year letting some things (including people) go. It is not an easy task and I hope that I am reaching the end of this phase of my development. It is time to sit back and reflect. I enjoy the idea of taking stock in life and looking forward to the next stage of my journey. I will continue to fight for peace internally. q Elastic Heart – Sia (2015) And another one bites the dust But why can I not conquer love? And I might've thought that we were one Why not to fight this war without weapons And I wanted it and I wanted it bad But there were so many red flags Now another one bites the dust And let's be clear, I trust no one You did not break me/I'm still fighting for peace I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart But your blade it might be too sharp I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard But I may snap and I move fast But you won't see me fall apart Cause I've got an elastic heart I've got an elastic heart Yeah, I've got an elastic heart And I will stay up through the night Let's be clear, I won't close my eyes And I know that I can survive I walked through fire to save my life And I want it, I want my life so bad And I'm doing everything I can Then another one bites the dust It's hard to lose a chosen one You did not break me /I'm still fighting for peace I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart But your blade it might be too sharp I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard But I may snap and I move fast But you won't see me fall apart Cause I've got an elastic heart I've got an elastic heart

No comments:

Post a Comment